Directions to the IBE at Klinikum Großhadern
The university hospital Großhadern (Klinikum Großhadern) is located at the southwest end of Munich (see Overview of the highways). The IBE - Institute for the Medical Information Processing, Biometry, and Epidemiology is located at the west end of the main building near the lecture halls.
- Arriving via airplane:
Take the suburban train (S-Bahn) S1 or S8 to "Marienplatz". Then see "Directions to the IBE using the subway". http://www.munich-airport.de
- Directions to the IBE using the train:
From the central train station Munich ("Hauptbahnhof") take the suburban trains (S-Bahn) or subway (U-Bahn) to "Marienplatz". Then see "Directions to the IBE using the the subway".
- Directions to the IBE using the subway:
From Marienplatz take the U6 to the last stop "Klinikum Großhadern". Once you exit the train, you are standing under the glass pyramid (see the picture below). Now see "Walking to the IBE".
- Driving directions to the IBE:
From the Sauerbruchstraße turn into the Marchioninistraße to the hospital campus. At the main gate turn into the visitor parking lot on the right. Now see "Walking to the IBE".
- Directions to the IBE using the bus:
Regional busses drive to the hospital area, lines 56, 266 and 269. http://www.mvv-muenchen.de
Walking to the IBE
- From the parking lot or the main gate, walk parallel to the main building (about 500m) to the lecture room hallway. The entrance to the lecture hallway will be on the left. The IBE is at ground level, K U1.
- From the subway station, please walk towards the main entrance (about 200m), then use the visitor hallway to walk to the other end of the building. Across from the hospital chapel, turn right into the staircase and walk down two levels (see directions: stairs or elevator).