Professorship for Biostatistics with a focus in Oncology
The main focus of the professorship is to design and expand the Munich Cancer Registry (MCR)
The Munich Cancer Registry (MCR) at the Munich Tumour Centre (TZM-Tumorzentrum München) is part of the IBE Epidemiology at the Ludwig-Maximilians Universität (LMU).
The regional center of the Bavarian cancer registry is managed by the Bavarian Health and Food Safety Authority (LGL-Landesamt für Gesundheit und Lebensmittel) which is responsible for Upper Bavaria and Landshut county (Oberbayern and Landshut). TheMunich Cancer Registry is located at the Univeristy Hospital at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität.
Goals and Efforts of the Munich Cancer Registry (MCR) include:
- Clinical epidemiological cancer registration
- Development of innovative biostatistical concepts for the integration of the Munich Cancer Registry at the Munich Tumour Centre with clinical and health care research
- Support of clinics and doctors by preparing results of their findings, increasing the network of providers, and providing support for certification
- Providing reports on the survival statistics of cancers
- Providing innovative ideas and models for quality assurance/quality management in oncology and tumor epidemiology
- Progression and metastasis of malignant diseases
- Quality of life for cancer patients
- Contributing to the expansion and integration of registries in clinical epidemiology and public health and supporting the research of biomarkers and molecular medicine
The TRM contributes to the transparency of diseases in the region. More information can be found under: www.tumorregister-muenchen.de